Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ain't Understanding Meloow

Ain’t Understanding Mellow

I recently heard it

It’s been well over ten years

Oh thank God for you
. we were able to see
Just how wrong we were

I wanted you to listen.

There was a time I would call
Could call
“Guess what I heard today”
and you would sing a line or two
say you remember and we talk about where we were
when we heard it
You probably have it in your collection.

For whatever reason
many reasons
maybe even none in particular
I found it very emotional
As a prose
Those lyrics
Try to make it easier for me
A personal reflection
Of you and me

You didn’t try to hide yourself

Oh no need to explain.

You’re the kind of man you are
To be so understanding
In honoring someone else
Their insecurities
You have but to count on me
Yeah ‘n I’ll be right by your side
I won't call.

Try to make it easier for me

For you

I just finished reading a book
I wanted to tell you about it
Recommend you read it.

Or better yet say
“You know what you should do”

Ain’t understanding mellow

So we could share
Tell you my favorite chapters
Concur on its statements
My amazement
A quality about myself that I
finally recognized
I thank God for you we were able to see
Just how wrong we were

The book, I just spoke about

If it had not just recently been written
I would believed that you had already read it
Embracing its concepts
Making it easy for me to accept its philosophy
I’ve seen them work in your life
The traits in you
Your perception about life
I’m glad I read it
It takes away the credit I’ve given you
There’s a man who understands
How hard it is to take your hand
And try to explain

Therein lies in you what I deemed
Your character
What I admired about you
I found it in a book
You have but to count on me
‘n I’ll be right by your side
You said that day would come
I would see you for who you were
O thank God for you
for it’s very nice to see
There’s a man who understands

Try to make it easier for you
And not pick up the phone
And say
Listen I just heard have you read help
guess what can you believe how are you
Your knew my voice
Recognized its emotions
There’s a gaping hole
Making me now reach out to
others to fill in a gap
Opening a new network

Oh thank God for you

Ironically you did me a favor

When I was satisfied with
the two tin cans
tied to a string
it was very effective
it had some semblance of a relationship
that was unique
a friendship of believing
that we really knew each other
You’re the kind of man you are

To be so understanding

I think of the word
Insecure

Try to make it easier for me

And its definitions
Its connotation
The meaning
My decrypting and have yet
To understand what it had to do 
with you me our friendship
We were able to see just how wrong
we were.

I held onto our friendship that

..... wherever you go
You have but to call on me
I’m gonna be right by your side

You would be by mine

Now I believe something
Which you said about yourself
being a fucked up child...

Ain’t understanding mellow


One of your qualities
Efficiency
It’s all about efficiency
In all areas of your life
The book, the one I
Couldn’t tell you about
Call you
Speaks about the energy which is
Our thoughts that we pivot into the universe
comes back to us
Your generosity compassion
understanding humor helpfulness
thoughtfulness therefore
pivots into the universe
and returns to you
Adding to that you like to fix
those who are insecure
and that pivots back to you
Ain't understanding mellow
Our thoughts return to us as that
Imagine
Oh thank God above
For your thoughts of me
Strong courageous secure
Ain’t understanding mellow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment