Saturday, July 16, 2011

Serenity

SERENITY


I sent you words to a song

Hope you had a chance to read the lyrics, better yet, took the time to listen

Emotionally haunting, bearing emotions I can’t utter

I’ve been sober long enough to remember how good love is, your love is

Do you remember how good love can be, our love was

God, grant me the serenity

Did you lose faith in me, I once lost faith in myself
To accept the things I cannot change

Admittedly, I fell to pieces, destroying what I had, what we had 

Has our story ended, can we at least be friends
The courage to change the things I can

I can only live for today with its share of heartaches, all its pain
The wisdom to know the difference

Will you leave me here
God, grant me
Or will you walk away
The things I cannot change

Believe it or not, I’ve learned to listen
The courage to change things I can

Do I still hold a place in your heart, baby?

The wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment